Routledge A Level English Guides equip AS and A2 Level students with the skills they need to explore, evaluate and enjoy English.
Books in the series are built around the various skills specified in the assessment objectives (AOs) for all AS and A2 Level English courses. Focusing on the AOs most relevant to their topic, the books help students to develop their knowledge and abilities through analysis of lively texts and contemporary data. Each book in the series covers a different area of language and literary study, and offers accessible explanations, examples, exercises, a glossary of key terms, and suggested answers.
Language and Social Contexts:
- considers language within the social contexts in which it is used and understood
- covers the key skills and topics, including social contexts, transcripts and the contexts of speech, language and age, language and gender, and regional talk
- analyzes a wide variety of spoken and written texts, from conversations and text messages to wedding invitations, road signs, police warnings and advertisements
- offers a step-by-step guide to approaching texts and data and suggestions for structuring a response
- can be used as both a course text and a revision tool.
Written by an experienced teacher, author and AS and A2 examiner, Language and Social Contexts is an essential resource for all students of AS and A2 Level English Language, and English Language and Literature.