« 上一頁繼續 »
REV. LIONEL THOMAS BERGUER,
LATE OF ST. MARY HALL, OXON: FELLOW EXTRAORDINARY OF THE
IN FORTY-FIVE VOLUMES.
PRINTED FOR T. AND J. ALLMAN, PRINCES STREET,
W. Baynes and Son, Paternoster Row; A. B. Dulau and Co. Soho Square;
CONTENTS TO VOL. III.
86. Scene of Country Etiquette: Addison-On
87. Humorous Criticism on Serjeant Hall's Letter
88. Of Story-tellers, under the names of Gunners
and Gunsters: Steele-A Dancing-master prac-
89. Letter to the Author-His History of his Life
-Evil of unreasonable Visits-Players saying
90. Unity of Sentiment in treating the Passion of
Love-Its allegorical History: Addison-On a
91. Maria's Visit-A Case of Love and Envy-
Impertinence of Nic. Doubt-Playhouse Scene
92. On Praise with Exceptions-Libellers-Re-
93. Letter from Switzerland-Remarks on Travel-
ling-Fools not to be exported-The Author's
94. Story of Clarinda and Chloe-Recommenda-
95. Scene of Domestic Felicity
96. Every worthless Man a dead Man-Peculiari-
ties of Dress-Game killed by the French King
97. Hercules courted by Pleasure and Virtue, an
98. Letter from a Woman in Love-Impressive
99. Advantages from having but one Theatre-
Attack and Expulsion of Divito-Remonstrance
103. Applications for Permission to use Canes, &c.
105. History of Will Rosin-Art of Knocking
106. Catalogue of Poetical Stock-Criticism on a
Passage in Hamlet-Surrender of Mr. Jeffery
107. Case of a Lover tormented by a Coquette-
108. Degradation of the Stage-Dignity of Human
Nature Errors of the French Writers Addison.
116. Court of Judicature on the Petticoat Addison.
117. On the Pleasure derived from the Deliverance
of the Good from Danger-The Author's Dream
118. Irregular Conduct of the Dead-Letters from
120. Vision of the Three Roads of Human Life-
121. Consultation on the Sickness of a Lady's Lap-
122. The Author's Appearance at Dogget's Benefit
123. Continuation of the Vision of the Three Roads
124. On Expectations from the Lottery Steele.
125. Proposal for a Receptacle for Persons out of
126. Characters of a Prude and Coquette-Story
129. Dutch satirical Pictures-Letter from Pasquin
130. Superiority of Great Britain in the Number of
eminent Characters-Estcourt's Benefit Steele.
134. Transmigration of Souls-Petition of Job