« 上一頁繼續 »
The wearied pilgrim, when the sun
you not seen the timid tear Steal trembling from mine eye?
Have you not mark'd the flush of fear,
Nor fixt on you alone?
od wal And can you rend, by doubting still,& A heart so much your own?
To you my soul's affections move
My life has been a task of love,
If all your tender faith is o'er,
If still my truth you'll try,"
WHY Will FLORELLA, while I gaze,
My ravisht eyes reprove,
And chide them from the only face
To shun your scorn, and ease my care,
And while I rove from fair to fair
But oh! how faint is every joy
So restless exiles doom'd to roam
Yet languish for their native home,
This song, closed by a beautiful and happy simile, may be regarded as a perfect model of the ingenious class.
1. Miscellaneous Pieces in Prose, by Dr. Aikin and Mrs. Barbauld. 4s. in boards.
2. Letters from a Father to his Son on Literature and the Conduct of Life. 2 vols. 12s in boards.
3. Evenings at Home, or The Family Budget, 6 vols. 10s. 6d.
4. The Arts of Life. 1. Of Providing Food. 11. Of Providing Clothing. 111. Of Providing Shelter. 25.
5. England Delineated: or A Geographical Description of England and Wales, with an Outline Map of every County. 7s. boards. Sixth edition.
6. The Calendar of Nature. 1s.
7. A General Biography, in quarto. already published.
Seven volumes are
8. Geographical Delineations; or A compendious View of the Natural and Political State of all Parts of the Globe. 2 vols. 12s. in boards.
PUBLISHED BY MRS. BARBAULD.
1. Poems, a new edition in an elegant pocket volume, with plates.
2. Selections from The Spectator, Tatler, and Guardian, with a preface, in 3 vols. crown 8vo. 18s, and in 12mo. 10s. 6d. in boards.
3. Lessons for Children, 4 parts. 2s. 4. Hymns for Children. Is.
PUBLISHED BY ARTHUR AIKIN.
1. The Natural History of the Year. Being an Enlargement of Dr. Aikin's Calendar of Nature. 2s. 6d. sewed.
2. A Journal of a Tour through North Wales and Part of Shropshire, with Observations in Mineralogy, and other Branches of Natural History. 4s. sewed.
Richard Taylor and Co., Shoe Lane, London.