« 上一頁繼續 »
cause it was the preparation, that is, the day
43 Joseph of Arimathæa, an honourable coun-
44 And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead.
45 And when he knew it of the centurion, he gave the body to Joseph.
46 'And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, mand rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.
47 And Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother
9 Christ himself appeareth to Mary Magdalene: 12 to two going
AND a when the sabbath was past, Mary
k LUKE, ii. 25, 38 : Simeon-waiting for the consolation of
MAT. xxvii. 59, 60: And when Joseph had taken the body,
3 B 2
Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.
2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
3 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll. us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre ?
4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away : for it was very great.
5 And "entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.?
6. And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted : Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen ; he is not here : behold the place where they laid him.
7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth3 before you into Galilee : there shall ye see hiin, as he said unto you.
I sweet ointment. Gen. greatly amazed. Bi.
LUKE, xxiii. 56: They returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath-day according to the commandment. c See on Mat. xxviii. 1,
LUKE, xxiv. 3: And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. John, xx. 11, 12 : But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre. And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
• MAT. xxviii. 5-7: And the angel answered and said unto the women, fear not ye: for I know that
seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here : for he is risen, as he said, Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly
, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee ; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
* See on Mat. xxvi. 32.
3 lo I go.
8. And they went out quickly, and fledo from the sepulchre ; for they trembled and were amazed :5 6 neither said they any thing to any man ; for they were afraid.
9 | Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he "appeared first to Mary Magdalene, 'out of whom he had cast seven devils.
10 " And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
11 'And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.
12 ( After that he appeared in another form unto "two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.
13 And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.
14 | "Afterward he appeared unto the eleven ran. Ham.
for fear, and an extacy had seized upon them, and they were amazed. Wh. 6 made himself known. Wh. ? though they heard. Ma. shad appeared unto her. Co. Cr.
8 Mat. xxviii. 8 : They departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word. LUKE, xxiv. 9 : And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and unto all the rest.
b John, xx. 14: When she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
Luke, viii. 2: Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils.
LUKE, xxiv. 10: It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. John, xx. 18: Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord;
and that he had spoken these things unto her. "Luke, xxiv. 1l: And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.
LUKE, xxiv. 13 : And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called
Emmaus. LUKE, xxiv. 25: Then he said unto then, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken, See on LUKE, xxiv. 34, 36.
as they sat at meat,9 and upbraided them with 10 their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
15 And he said unto them, °Go ye into all the world, and 'preach the Gospell to every creature,
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved ; 'but he that believeth not shall be damned.
together. A. V, 10 rebuked them for. Co. Il the glad tidings. Ma. • Mat. xxviii. 19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. John, xv. 16: Ye have not chosen me; but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain : that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. do. xx. 21: Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
P Rom. x. 18: But I say, Have they not heard ? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. Col. i. 23: Hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven.
9 John, iii, 18, 36: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. Acts, ü. 38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one
of in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,
ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. do. xvi. 30--32: And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved ? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. Rom. x.9: If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart, that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 1 Pet. ij. 21 : The like figure where unto baptism doth also now save us, (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Jonn, xii. 48: He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him; the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 2 Thes.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe ; In 'my name shall they cast out devils ; they shall 'speak with new tongues ;
18 They shall "take up serpents; and if they ii. 12: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
* LUKE, X. 17 : And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. Acts, iii. 6: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. do.iv. 10,29,30 : Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. And now, Lord, behold their threatenings ; and grant unto thy servants--that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. do.v. 16 : There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits : and they were healed every one. do. viii. 7: Unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them; and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
do. ix. 34, 40: Peter said unto him, Eneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole : arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately. Peter kneeled down, and prayed, and turning him to the body, said, Tabitha, arise. do. xvi. 18: Paul, being grieved turned, and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour, do. xix. 12: So that from his [Paul's] body were brought handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
* Acts, ii. 4: They were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. do. x. 46: They heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. do. xix. 6: When Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them, and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. 1 Cor. xii. 10,28 : To another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues, God hath set some in the church, first apostles,--diversities of tongues. do. xiii. 1 : Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. do. xiv. 2, &c: He that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries, &c.
u See on LUKE, X. 19.