« 上一頁繼續 »
PESTALOZZI AND PESTALOZZIANISM:-Memoir, and Educational Princi
LIFE AND EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM OF PESTALOZZI.
Portra t of Pestalozzi,
INTRODUCTION. Influence of Pestalozzi on the aims, principles, and methods of popular
Influence on Reformatory Education. By Dr. Blochmann,
Influence on the Sch'ls and Educational Methods of Germany. By Dr. Diesterweg,
Life of PestaLOZZI. By Karl von Raumer,
1. Childhood and Youth, 1746-1767,
II. Agricultural and Educational Experiments at Neuhof, 1767,
III. The Evening Hour of a Hermit, 1780,
IV. Leonard and Gertrude, 1781.
V. Life and Writings between 1781 and 1798,
VI. Experience at Stanz, 1798,
Celebration of Pestalozzi's Centennial Birth-day in Germany and Switzerland,
List of Publications in different languages on Pestalozzi and his Educational Prin-
BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES of several of the assistants and disciples of Pestalozzi.
SYSTEM OF INFANT GARDEN TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION,
KARL VON RAUMER,
CONTRIBUTIONS TO PEDAGOGY,
I. EARLY CHILDHOOD AND YOUTH,
IV. NATURAL SCIENCE,
VII. PHYSICAL EDUCATION,
CHRISTIANITY IN PEDAGOGY,
IX. CLASSICAL INSTRUCTION,
X. METHODS OF TEACHING LATIN,
1. Old Grammatical Method,
2. Speaking as in the Native Tongue,
3. Grammar evolved from Reading,-Interlinear,
4. Universal and other Methods,
5. National History. By Hentz,
6. National Philosophy. By Diesterweg,
7. Astronomy. By Diesterweg,
8. Geography. By Abbenrode,
II. GUIDE FOR GERMAN TEACHERS,
1. Intuitional and Speaking Exercises. By Diesterweg, ·
DR. HENRY BARNARD'S
STANDARD EDUCATIONAL PUBLICATIONS.
OFFICIAL REPORTS-as Superintendent of Common Schools in Connecticut, 1 vol.; as Commis sioner of Public Schools, R. I., 1 vol.; as National Commissioner of Education, 3 vols. $4.50, per volume,
CONNECTICUT COMMON SCHOOL JOURNAL, 1838-42, 4 vols. $4.00. Second Series, 1851-54. JOURNAL OF R. I. INSTITUTE OF INSTRUCTION, 1845-48, 3 vols. $3.75.
THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF EDUCATION-from 1856 to 1873. 24 Volumes (over 20,000 octavo pages), with 800 wood cuts of structures for educational purposes, and 125 portraits of eminent educators and teachers. Price, $120 in cloth; $132 in half goat; Single Volume in cloth $5.00, in half goat $5.50; Current Volume in numbers (1875-6—International Series, Vol. I.), $4.00. Single number, $1.25.
The International Series will complete the publication as projected by the Editor in 1850, and will embrace the Treatises (1 and 2) in the Plan submitted by him to the American Association for the Advancement of Education in 1854 on the
HISTORY OF EDUCATION: or the Progressive Development of Schools of different kinds and grades, and other Formal Agencies of Instruction for children, youths, and adults in different countries, with a General Survey of National Systems in 1876-7.
The following Treatises were originally published as separate chapters in the American Journal of Education, but were prepared with special reference to being ultimately issued in the form in which they now appear. 1876.
NATIONAL EDUCATION: GENERAL AND SPECIAL. 10 Volumes.
1. Elementary and Secondary Instruction in the German States: Anhalt, Austria, Baden Bavaria, Brunswick, Hanover, Hesse-Cassel, Hesse-Darmstadt, Liechtenstein, Lippe-Detmold, Lippe-Schaumberg, Luxemburg and Limberg, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Nassau, Oldenburg, Prussia, Reuss, Saxony, Saxe-Altenburg, Saxe-Coburg, Saxe-Meiningen, Saxe-Weimar, Waldeck, Wurtemberg, and the Free Cities, with a general summary of the Educational Systems and Statistics for the whole of Germany, 1871. 856 pages. Price $5.50.
2. Elementary and Secondary Instruction in Switzerland (each of the 23 Cantons), France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Italy. Portugal and Spain, 1872. 800 pages. Price $5.50. Revised Edition. 1876.
3. Contributions to the History and Statistics of Common or Public Schools (Elementary and High), Academies, Colleges, and Professional Schools in the United States, and other American States. 900 pages. Price, $5.50.
4. Elementary, Secondary, and Superior Instruction in England, Scotland, and Ireland, and the different dependencies of Great Britain. Two Parts-$3.50 each.
(1.) Elementary, Parochial, and National Schools, including Training Colleges, and Industrial and Reformatory Institutions, with the views of Practical Teachers on the Subjects and Methods of Primary Instruction.
(2.) Grammar, Burgh, and Endowed Schools, and the Universites of Oxford, Cambridge, London, Durham, St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dublin, and Queen's; with the views of eminent authorities on Higher Studies.
5. Superior Instruction in Different Countries.-Ancient Greece, Rome, and Alexandria; Early Christian Schools; Medieval Universities; and Systems and Institutions of Higher Education in European and American States, 1876. 960 pages. $5.50.
6. Scientific and Industrial Education in Austria, Baden, Bavaria, Brunswick, Free Cities, Hanover, Nassau, Prussia, Saxony, Saxon Principalities, Wurtemberg, France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Russia, Switzerland, Italy. 800 pages. Price $5.50.
7. Special Instruction in Science and the Arts in Great Britain. 256 pages. $3.00.
8. Schools and Colleges of Science, Agriculture, and the Mechanic Arts in the United States. In press. $3.00. Revised Edition. 1876.
9. Military and Naval Schools in France, Prussia, Bavaria, Italy, Russia, Holland, England, and the United States. 960 pages. $6.00.
10. Professional Training and Improvement in (1.) Teaching; (2.) Theology; (3.) Law (4.) Medicine, &c., in Different Countries. 850 pages. $5.50. Revised Edition. 1876.
LIBRARY OF PRACTICAL EDUCATION.
BOOKS FOR PARENTS, TEACHERS, SCHOOL OFFICERS, AND STUDENTS.
NATIONAL PEDAGOGY AND LIBRARY OF PRACTICAL EDUCATION:
1. STUDIES AND CONDUCT: Letters, Essays, and Suggestions on the Relative Value of Studies, Books and the best Methods of Reading, Manners and the Art of Conversation, the Acquisition and True Uses of Wealth, and the Conduct of Life generally. 564 pages. $3.50. 1875.
The best evidence of the intrinsic value of these Letters, Suggestions, and Essays, is in the names of their authors-Addison, Aiken, Bacon, Barrow, Bodleigh, Brougham, Burleigh, Bulwer, Burns, Carlyle, Channing, Chatham, Chesterfield, Collingwood, De Quincey, Dupanloup, Everett, Farnday, Franklin, Froude, Gladstone, Grimke, Hall, Hamilton, Herschel, Humboldt, Huxley, Jameson, Jerome, Locke, Lowe, Macaulay, Mackintosh, Mill, Milton, More, Niebuhr, Newman, Pitt, Pope, Potter, Raumer, Sidney, Southey, South, Swift, Taylor, Temple, Tyndal, Whately, Wordsworth, and others.
2. PRIMARY SCHOOLS AND ELEMENTARY INSTRUCTION: Object Teaching and Oral Lessons on Social Science and Common Things, with the Principles and Practice of Elementary Instruction in the Primary, Model, and Training Schools of Great Britain. Revised Edition.-544 pp. $3.00. Ashburton, Barnard (Sketch of Systems of Public Elementary Schools in England, Scotland, and Ireland), Bell, Brougham, Currie, Dunn, Ellis, Hay, Keenan, Knight, Lancaster, Macaulay, Mayo, Morrison, Ross, Shields, Stow, Sullivan, Tainsh, Wilderspin, Young.
3. ENGLISH PEDAGOGY-OLD AND NEW: or, Treatises and Thoughts on Education, the School, and the Teacher. First Series. 480 pages. Second Series. 608 pages. $3.50 each. 1876. First Series.-Ascham, Bacon, Cowley, Cowper, Crabbe, Coleridge, Fuller, Gray, Hartlib, Hood, Locke, Milton, Petty, Shenstone, Spencer, Whately, Wotton.
Second Series-Arnold, Brinsly, Calderwood, Colet, Collis, Coote, Defoe, Donaldson, Duff, Elyot, Evelyn, Goldsmith, Hoole, Johnson, Jolly, Lyttleton, Macaulay, Mulcaster, Parker, Parr Payne, Pope, Quick, Smith, South, Southey, Steele, Strype, Todhunter, Wase, Webster, Wolsey.
4. AMERICAN PEDAGOGY: Contributions to the Principles and Methods of Education, by Barnard, Burgess, Bushnell, Channing, Cowdery, Dickinson, Doane, Everett, Fairchild, Hart, Hopkins, Huntington, Mann, Page, Philbrick, Pierce, Potter, Sheldon, Wayland, and Wilbur, FIRST SERIES. Revised Ed. 576 pages. $3.50.
5. GERMAN PEDAGOGY: Views of German Educators and Teachers on the Principles of Education, and Methods of Instruction for Schools of different Grades. Revised Edition. 640 pages. $3.50. 1876. Abbenrode, Benneke, Diesterweg, Fichte, Fræbel, Gathe, Graser, Hentschel Hencomp, Herbart, Hentz, Jacobs, Meierotto, Raumer, Riecke, Rosenkranz, Ruthardt, Wichern.
6. PESTALOZZI AND SWISS PEDAGOGY: Memoir, and Educational Principles, Methods, and Influence of John Henry Pestalozzi, and Biograpical Sketches of several of his Assistants and Disciples: together with Selections from his Publications, and accounts of Schools and Teachers in Switzerland. Revised Edition. 656 pages. $3.50.
7. GERMAN TEACHERS AND EDUCATIONAL REFORMERS: Memoirs of Eminent Teachers and Educators with contributions to the History of Education in Germany. 1876. 586 pages. $3.50. Early Christian Teachers, Basedow, Comenius, Erasmus, Franke, Hieronymians, Luther, Melanethon, Ratich, Sturm, Trotzendorf, Felbiger, Kindermann, Frederic II., Maria Theresa, etc.
8. FRENCH TEACHERS, SCHOOLS, AND PEDAGOGY-OLD AND NEW. 648 pages. $3.50. Early Christian Teachers and Schools; Jesuits, Christian Brothers and other Teaching Orders; Rabelais, Ramus, Montaigne, Port Royalists, Fenelon, Rollin, Montesquieu, Rousseau; Talleyrand, Condorcet, Daunau, Napoleon; Oberlin, Cuvier, Cousin, Guizot, Ravaisson, Remaset, Marcel, Duruy, LeVerrier, Dupanloup. Mayer, Marbeau, Wilm, and others.
9. ENGLISH TEACHERS, EDUCATORS, AND PROMOTERS OF EDUCATION. 556 pages. $3.50. 10. AMERICAN TEACHERS, EDUCATORS, AND BENEFACTORS OF EDUCATION, with 130 Portraits. 5 vols. $3.50 per volume.
11. AMERICAN GRADED PUBLIC SCHOOLS, with Plans of School-houses and Equipment and Regulations for Schools in Cities. 556 pages. $3.50.
12. APHORISMS AND SUGGESTIONS ON EDUCATION AND METHODS OF INSTRUCTIONAncient and Modern. $3.00.
13, SCHOOL CODES.-Constitutional Provisions respecting Education, State School Codes, and City School Regulations. $3.00.
14. SCHOOL ARCHITECTURE: Principles, Plans and Specifications for structures for educational purposes Revised Edition-800 pages. $5.00.