The new edition of this popular textbook by leading theologian, Alister E. McGrath, will be essential reading for anyone wanting to understand the dynamics of the world’s largest religion. Fully revised to include greater coverage of the Catholic perspective, contemporary issues, non-Western Christianity, globalization and women, this is a truly comprehensive, lively, and jargon-free introduction to Christianity.
- Written for beginners to this subject, and assumes no knowledge of Christian beliefs or practices.
- Includes an introduction to biblical sources and discussion of the central figure of Jesus.
- Features comprehensive discussions of Christian theology, the history of Christianity from its origins to the present day, and Christianity in the modern world.
- Increases coverage of contemporary issues, the Catholic perspective, non-Western Christianity, globalization and women
- Contains accessible and student-friendly features, including numerous illustrations, suggestions for further reading, a glossary of Christian terms, and brief readings from illustrative Christian sources.