« 上一頁繼續 »
CHAPTER 1.–An Act to alter the terms of the Circuit Courts
in the Tenth Circuit.
Passed January 20, 1870.
The commencement of the terms of the circuit courts in Terms of court in the several counties of the tenth circuit, instead of being as heretofore prescribed by law, shall be as follows: For the county of Jackson, on the first day of March, Jackson.
1 August, and November.
For the county of Roane, on the first day of April, and on Roane. the tenth day of August and November.
For the county of Gilmer, on the eighth day of April, and Gilmer. the eighteenth of August and November.
For the county of Calhoun, on the fifteenth day of April, Calhoun, and the twenty-fifth day of August and November.
CHAPTER 2.-An ACT to incorporate the Shenandoah Bridge
Passed January 26, 1870,
1. That John Neer, Lewis Washington, James T. Reed, Corporators. Thomas A. Kirwan, James Watson, and Charles L. Hopwood, of Harper's Ferry, in the county of Jefferson, or any three of them respectively, at the place and in the county aforesaid, are hereby appointed and authorized to open books of subscription to the capital stock of a company to be called “The Shenandoah Bridge Company,” which is authorized to con- Style of company struct a toll bridge over the Shenandoah river, at Harper's Ferry aforesaid, in the county aforesaid ; said bridge to be constructed sufficiently high so as not to interfere with the navigation of said river.
Construction of bridge,
2. The capital' stock:of said company shall be not exceeding ten thousand dúllars, and be divided into shares of twenty
five dollars each, to be paid in such assessments and at such
otines.as the board of directors may direct. Subscriptions How subsctip ..may be paid in labor or service, or with materials furnished
for the construction of said bridge, under a special agreement in writing, entered into to that effect with the directors of said company, or with their representatives.
Elections of directors and president.
3. The said company. may hold an election on the second Tuesday of April next, and on the same day in each year thereafter, for the election of five directors of the said company, who shall within ten days thereafter choose one of their own body as president. The said president and directors
shall remain in office one year, or until their successors are How stock voted. appointed. The stockholders of the said company shall be
entitled at any such meeting or election, either in person or by proxy, to cast one vote for each share of the stock held by them, and each of them, in the said company.
Rates of toll.
4. The said company may erect a gate upon said bridge and collect tolls, not exceeding the following rates for each passenger, viz: three cents for each foot passenger, round trip five cents; eight cents for each horse, mare, mule, or gelding, round trip fifteen cents; fifteen cents for each one horse carriage, round trip twenty-five cents; twenty cents for each two horse carriage, round trip thirty-five cents ; twelve cents for each one horse wagon, round trip twenty cents ; fifteen cents for each two horse wagon, round trip twenty-five cents; twenty-five cents for each four horse wagon, round trip forty cents; and five cents for each additional horse; ten cents for twenty sheep or hogs; and fifteen cents for twenty cattle; and so in proportion for any greater number; provided, that all coaches, carriages, horses, or foot passengers attending funerals shall be exempt from a!l toll whatever. Said tolls shall first be applied to keeping the said bridge in good repair before any dividend shall be declared to stockholders.
Application of tolls.
5. The supervisors of Jefferson county are hereby empowSubscription by Jefferson county. ered to subscribe to the capital stock of said company, either
in money or by issuing county bonds, to an amount not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars.