« 上一頁繼續 »
JUNE & SEPTEMBER, 1854.
JOHN MURRAY, ALBEMARLE STREET.
II.-History of Latin Christianity; including that of the Popes
to the Pontificate of Nicolas V.
Milman, D.D., Dean of St. Paul's.
IV.-1. A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and My-
thology. Edited by W. Smith, LL.D. 3 vols. 8vo.
2. A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities. By
the same. 2nd edit. 1 vol. 8vo. London. 1851.
3. A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography. By
the same. Vol. I. 8vo. London. 1854.
4. A Sinaller Dictionary of Antiquities, Selected and
Abridged from the Dictionary of Greek and Roman
Antiquities. 2nd edit. By the same. London.
5. A new Classical Dictionary of Ancient Biography,
Mythology, and Geography. By the same. 2nd edit.
6. A smaller Classical Dictionary of Greek and Roman
Biography, Mythology, and Geography; abridged from
7. Real-Encyclopädie der Classischen Alterthumswissen-
schaft; herausgegeben von August Pauly. 7 vols. 8vo.
V.-1. Télégraphe Electrique: Documents relatifs à l'Eta-
blissement de Lignes Télégraphiques en Belgique.
2. Electric Science: its History, Phenomena, and Appli-
cation. By F. C. Bakewell. London. 1853.
3. The Electric Telegraph: its History and Progress.
By Edward Highton, C.E. London. 1852.
4. Guide to the Electric Telegraph. By Charles May-
5. Historical Sketch of the Electric Telegraph, including
6. The Electro-Magnetic Telegraph; with an Historical
Account of its Rise, Progress, and present Condition.
By Lawrence Turnbull, M.D. Philadelphia. 1853.
7. Traité de Télégraphie Electrique. Par M. l'Abbé
Moigno. 2nd edit. Paris. 1852.
8. New York Industrial Exhibition. Special Report of
Mr. Joseph Whitworth. Presented to Parliament by
command of Her Majesty. London. 1854
VI.-1. Life in Fejee, or Five Years among the Cannibals. By
2. Journals of the Bishop of New Zealand's Visitation
3. A Letter to His Grace the Duke of Newcastle on
Behalf of the Melanesian Mission of the Bishop of New
Zealand. By Lewis M. Hogg, Rector of Cranford,
Northamptonshire. London. 1853.
4. Remarkable Incidents in the Life of the Rev. Samuel
Leigh, Missionary to the Settlers and Savages of Austra-
lia and New Zealand. By the Rev. Alexander Strachan.
5. Our Antipodes: or, Residence and Rambles in the
Australasian Colonies. By Lieut.-Col. Godfrey Charles
6. Auckland, the Capital of New Zealand, and the Country
adjacent; including some Account of the Gold Dis-
VII.-1. The Lives of the Queens of England, &c. By Agnes
Strickland. Vols. VI. VII. London. 1843.
2. Memoirs of the Life and Times of Sir Christopher
Hatton, K.G., &c. By Sir Harris Nicolas, G.C.M.G.
3. The Romance of the Peerage, or Curiosities of Family
History. By George Lillie Craik. Vols. I. II. Lon-
4. Lives and Letters of the Devereux Earls of Essex, &c.
By the Hon. Walter Bourchier Devereux. 2 Vols.
VIII.-1. The Speech of Lord Lyndhurst, delivered in the House
of Lords on Monday, the 19th June, 1854. London.
2. The Russians in Bulgaria and Rumelia in 1828 and
1829; during the Campaigns of the Danube, the Sieges
of Brailow, Varna, Silistria, Shumla, and the Passage
of the Balkan, by Marshal Diebitch. From the Ger-
man of Baron von Moltke, Major in the Prussian
1.-1. Report of the Commissioners appointed to make In-
quiries relating to Smithfield Market, and the Markets
in the City of London for the Sale of Meat. London.
2. Report of the Commissioners appointed to inquire into
the existing State of the Corporation of the City of
London, &c.; together with the Minutes of Evidence,
3. London in 1850-51, from the Geographical Dictionary
of J. R. M'Culloch. London. 1851.
4. Market Gardening round London; giving in detail the
various Methods adopted by Gardeners in growing for
the London Markets. By James Cuthill. London.
5. Report of the Supply of Water to the Metropolis.
General Board of Health. London. 1850.
6. London Labour and the London Poor. By Henry
7. The Census of Great Britain, 1851. Report and Sum-
II.-1. The Bell: its Origin, History, and Uses. By the Rev.
2. Paper on Bells, with Illustrations. By the Rev. H. T.
Ellacombe, in Report of Bristol Architectural Society,
III. 1. Encyclopædia Britannica. Eighth Edition.
2. Proceedings of the Liverpool Architectural and Archæ-
ological Society. 4to. Vol. I. Liverpool.