« 上一頁繼續 »
DUTY ON SALT.
May 13, 1830.
Mr. TALIAFERRO submitted the following
'HEREAS saļt is an article which enters into the daily consumption of
on salt: And whereas, since the necessity, for which the existing tax on
STOCKHOLDERS, &c. BANK UNITED STATES.
MAY 26, 1830.
WAYNE submitted the following Resolutions, in relation to the Stock
holders of the Bank United States, &c. Resolved, That the Secretary of the Treasury be directed to procure, the Bank of the United States, and to furnish this House, on or before first day of January next, with the names of the persons, corporate es, private companies, or copartnerships, who shall be the owners of 3 in the Bank of the United States, on the first day of November next,
the number of shares held by individuals, corporations, companies, or rtnerships, distinguishing the States of the Union, or the countries, in sh said stockholders may reside; and, as far as practicable, showing how y widows, orphans, minors, and unmarried females, in the United States, owners of stock in the said Bank.
With a statement of the number of persons in the employment of said k, and its branches, their names, wages, or salaries, the amount of secugiven by each person so employed, and who shall be the securities of persons on the first day of November next..
With a statement of the amount of specie imported into the United PS, by the Bank of the United States; the amounts exported, and for t objects; showing the cost of that imported, and the arrangements for uring it; whether by bills of exchange, by pledges of stock of the ed States held and owned by the Bank of the United States, or by other < of corporate bodies owned by or pledged to said Bank.
With a statement of the funds which the Bank of the United States have in Europe, on the first day of November next; showing the difat kinds, and that which the Bank shall deem equivalent to specie.
With a statement of the amount of specie received or drawn by the s of the United States from incorporated banks, in the States, and in District of Columbia, distinguishing the amounts from each, at the time United States Bank was carried into operation, or for the purpose of ping the same into operation, or upon the establishment of any branches e said Bank; with the amount of specie in the vaults of said Bank when same began its operations, or began discounting, and the amount of the al of said Bank assigned to its branches, and the changes which the same undergone in this regard, since the establishment of said branches.
With a statement of the amount of bills or notes of the Banks incorted by the State Legislatures, acquired by the Bank of the United States its branches, distinguishing the manner the same was acquired by the k of the United States, when not by deposite, and which have been rened by said Banks, from week to week, or at other intervals, as may
have been stipulated between the Bank of the United States and such Sa Banks, showing the contracts with each for the redemption of the notes a bills of each, and the amount of interest paid by said Banks to the Bazka the United States, upon bills or notes not redeemed when the time lated for their redemption had arrived.
7. With a statement of the profit received or made by the Bank (as United States, for premiums upon bills of exchange, or upon draughts checks, between the States, and between the United States and foreign tions, and the rates of exchange established by said Bank, from time to tim. and upon what general rule the Bank fixes said rates.
8. With a stalsment of the amount of funds of the United States received on deposite at the Bank of the United States and its branches; disguisting the same as to time and amounts, by months or quarters, beginning from the first deposite made on account of the United States in said Bank, 21 ending at the expiration of the month or quarter preceding the first da November next.
9. With a statement of the sums transmitted by the Bank of the Urt States for the Government of the United States, from and to what pas the times when done, the mode of transfer, and what has been the ass any, for doing the same, to the Bank of the United States.
10. With a statement of the amount of loans made by the Bant to United States to the Government of the United States; moneys adnanze when, and for what purposes, and whether by law or joint resolution a la gress, or upon the request of any functionary of the Government of United States, with the amount of interest paid by the Government of E United States to said Bank upon loans or money advanced. si • 11. With a statement of the amount of bills or notes which the basis the United States shall have in circulation, or on deposite, at the bar Philadelphia, and its branches, on the first day of November Dest; de guishing them into the several kinds by what officers signed, and w payable. . 12. With a statement of the different kinds of stock pledged to, or at time owned by, the Bank of the United States, in any other bans, rail-ro or canal company, particularly distinguishing how the same was acquired
13. With a statement of the transfers of stock of said Bank to the ho by way of pledge for loans, or otherwise, made at any time since the a began its operations, and which it shall hold on the first day of NOTEKE next.
14. With a statement of the real estate owned by the Bank of the la States in the States of the Union, and in the District of Columbia; ** situated, and the value affixed to the same by the Bank of the United S5
Resolved, That the Secretary of the Treasury be directed to procure such way as he may deem most suitable to accomplish the object, sa give to this House the most definite information upon the subject, a ment of the number of incorporated Banks in the United States and District of Columbia, with the amount of capital of each; to what they are permitted to discount, by the charters of each; and that the Banks be requested to give the average annual discounts of each, fr. times either of the same were carried into operation; and that the furnished this House on or before the first day of January next.